Monday, June 27, 2011

Astaxanthin

I have discovered a wonderful new supplement!  The benefits are many, and oh-so-practical!!  Astaxanthin, (pronounced asta-ZAN-thin) is a nice little gel cap that delivers powerful benefits.  I have been taking it for just over a month now, and so far, I have noticed several changes.


Every day I peered into the mirror to see if I could observe any changes in my skin.  It didn't take long to see those large pores on the T-zone begin to shrink.  Really!!  This means less blackheads from oil on the face.  I was elated!  It also gives the skin some color, so my face has this kind of glow.  (Astaxanthin comes from the algae that both salmon and flamingos eat, giving them their reddish color.)  No more pale-wizard-in-a-blizzard look.  It's protection from sunburn in a little brown pill.  About two weeks into it, I found a patch of skin peeling off from around an old scar from a skin tag removal- like a sunburn peel.  I had read that it would reduce old scars, and look!  it did!!  But the coolest thing of all is the colorless mole-like bump on my cheek that is shrinking every day.  (I've hated that thing since the day it reared its ugly head!)  I can't wait to see if it actually disappears.  In the meantime, shrinking is good.


Then, I noticed that, on the days when I work out, I am able to do so much more than I could do before.  That's another benefit of Astaxanthin- speedy recovery from exertion.  It reduces inflammation, a major contributor to pain. 


In fact, inflammation is a major contributor to all kinds of pain issues.  Reducing inflammation on a cellular level is tantamount to curing many illnesses.


Benefits have been "seen" in my vision, too.  I have noticed that I can see a little more clearly.  How great is that?!?  I can read fine print a little better, and my night vision has improved.  


I started by taking only 1mg a day for two weeks, then upped the dose to 2mg/day.  Then I bought a 4mg pill, and have been taking that now for a week.


My husband, a very hard worker, has decided to give it a try after hearing all these improvements in me.  He just started a week ago, so we haven't seen any benefits just yet.  I'll keep you posted.


**Other benefits of this powerful antioxidant Astaxanthin include: 
  • boosts immune system
  • helps prevent heart attacks
  • helps prevent the initiation of cancer cells
  • helps prevent Alzheimer's and Parkinson's
  • normalizes blood pressure
  • relieves prostate problems
  • gives you better resistance to colds
  • prevents and relieves diabetes
  • prevents gum disease
  • enhances reproductive health
  • protects all parts of the cells from oxidative damage

No comments:

Post a Comment