Saturday, July 2, 2011

How To Look Old

If you're 13 years old, this might sound really interesting to you; but if you're 35 years old, you probably are more interested in an article entitled, How To Look Young!!  Since we adults don't relish the idea of looking old before our time, the following information might surprise you- a lot.

Eat Soy
Consuming soy in any of these various forms- as lecithin, soy milk, soy protein, soybean oil, some types of TVP (textured vegetable protein), soya, edamame- will add five years to your overall look, according to an article on Dr. Mercola's website.   Soy is a known allergen- that's why it's listed on the label- but you might not be aware of how it can be affecting you.  It can cause major disruptions in the body:  everything from endocrine problems to headaches to infertility.  It seems that most people are unaware of how it affects them.  My husband suffers terrible migraines whenever he eats too much soy.  Uncovering that fact was a major breakthrough.  Now we avoid it like the plague, but it is very hard because nearly everything has soy in one form or another.

Use Chemical Creams, Lotions, Sprays, Make-up, etc. on Your Skin
Read the labels.  If it contains ingredients you can't pronounce or wouldn't eat, it will eventually cause harm.  There are many natural alternatives, and eventually, I'll share some products that I have found to work well.  Skin is permeable, meaning that it isn't truly solid.  Stuff gets through the skin and into your cells, doing a lot of damage.  I remember hearing about a guy who used to do a cool party trick; he'd pour dry cleaning fluid onto his hand, then show people how it would drip through his hand.  EWWWW!!  (I wonder how long it took for him to develop... something terrible!?)  As for make-up, I heard that the average woman wears five pounds of make-up a year.  And every woman knows that much of that make-up soaks into our skin.  Most importantly, make-up is mostly all chemicals, and therefore toxic.

Eat Processed Food
Any food not made from scratch is gonna have chemicals in it.  Fresh, raw food tastes so much better without all those chemicals.  After I had baked my first cake from scratch, my friend Cheryl told me, "Your liver will thank you!"  The liver is where all the toxins go to get filtered from the body.  When the liver gets overloaded, eyes get blue shadows or rings under them, a.k.a., "raccoon eyes".  Additionally, you feel sluggish and tired.  (Milk Thistle herb cleanses the liver very nicely.)  Processed food will add lovely pounds to your bathroom scale, too.

Use Chemicals For Cleaning
Skin is permeable, and those chemicals easily get into your body as you touch them and inhale them.  Vinegar and baking soda work great on most surfaces.  Microfiber cloths work superbly for dusting- no spray required.

I surely could go on, but change usually happens little by little.  People need a reason to change, too.   I've heard it said that "people only change when it costs them too much not to change."  That was me-- my health was failing, and I needed a change big time.  I have put all the above into practice in my own life.  Guess what??  It worked!!





No comments:

Post a Comment