Thursday, July 14, 2011

Protect the Kids!

My children often think I go overboard with all this "healthy stuff".  They subtly roll their eyes, or shut down when I start lecturing them on my soapbox.  But they are my kids, and I have a duty to protect them- and protect them I will.

"Children are resilient", I often hear.  It makes me cringe and want to scream, "No! Children are fragile.  Handle with care!!"  A child's body, growing and developing, will incorporate everything it gets into the cells.  Those cells are often overloaded with all kinds of garbage:  chemicals, toxins, vaccines.  How is a kid supposed to de-tox all that junk?  They can't.

Parents will often have their children clean the bathroom, using horrible chemicals.  Do they have a right to poison their kids in this way?  Or they'll give a child pest-control spray and tell them to kill the bugs- and douse themselves in the process.  Don't even get me started on the chemicals in processed food.  Canned food, bottled water, plastic packaging, chemical packaging...  Parents often don't think through this.  Why?  I think we kinda like the convenience of it all.  We are duped into thinking that if they are selling it, it must be OK.  Think again.

We parents must be convinced in our own minds of the importance of keeping our kids chemical-free.  We must educate ourselves, so that when they argue or dig their heels into the ground, we, too, can stand our ground.  Once we know the dangers of  all these chemicals we are exposed to each and every day, minute by minute, we can say without fear, "No, you are not going to (eat, use, wear) this chemical!"

No comments:

Post a Comment